How to Create New Channel?
You can add channel in two ways:
1- Click on the “Channels” text in left vertical navigation and then "Channel Manager"
2- Click on the “Portal Settings” link and then click on "Channel Management" and "Create New Channel" Option:
3- The below "Create Channel" form will be opened:
- Channel Icon and Header Banner: You can choose a thumbnail image for the channel by clicking on “Choose an icon”, square image of 256px or higher is preferred. Similar option for Header Banner.
- Title: enter the title for the channel
- Purpose: enter purpose or description if needed to provide more details on the channel
- Owner: as a Channel creator, you would automatically become another Channel owner
- Security Mode:
- A Channel can be public, where every user within that organization can access it or it can be Private for limited users.
- You can control the security options on your channels by selecting the "Everyone can view" and "Everyone can upload" options as below:
Set the option "Everyone can view" to true in order to define the channel as Public and enable everyone within the organization to view any video within this Channel.
Set the option "Everyone can upload" to true in order to allow other users to upload new videos into your channel, or set it to false to prevent all users to upload new videos into your channel.
Set the option "Everyone can view" to false in order to define the channel as Private and prevent everyone within the organization to view any video within this Channel.
Set the option "Everyone can view" to false enables option 'Restrict By Access Control (SSO)'.
-Click on the "Create" button when finish.